Friday, August 20, 2010

County by County

Right next to the Tsongas Arena in Lowell
This summer, my husband and I had taken a little road trip up to Marblehead, which is in Essex County.  While there, we came up with a challenge...to visit each county in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts during the summer and fall of 2010.  First, I needed to find out how many counties there were -- 14 to be exact!  I have lived in Massachusetts for 50 years and had never been to some of the counties, especially in Western Massachusetts.  We wanted to visit some off-the-beaten path locations in each county. With two sons in college, I also wanted to look for attractions that were not that pricey.   So....stay tuned for a run-down of what we saw, ate, and did in our county-by-county tour.

2 comments:

  1. I love how this blog is laid out so far. The big picture is great. Where was it taken? I also like the rotating images and the image of the bridge. Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- how did you know I started this?

    ReplyDelete